Mar 24, 2011

The sun is shining - the weather is sweet

It's a lovely day down on the Brighton coast and it's almost the weekend, so all in all, thing's are good.

This week I have been battling a horrible cough-cold-flu thing, but did manage to make it out on Tuesday to see Primal Scream perform Screamadelica at the Brighton Centre.

Screamadelica is one of my favorite albums of all time and this year see's the 20th anniversary of its first release. The show was excellent - all of the tracks sounded new and refreshed and it was a great night. Primal Scream are re-releasing a 20th anniversary of the album, you know, all remixed and remastered etc.

But, what I would love is that bands re-record the album all over again. Same songs etc but record them as they are now - new technology, new energy etc. It would be an amazing release.

I have often thought this with many albums and hope one day someone does it.

Also this week I have been playing around with the ATPLP2 demos and sent out a few CDs to people for some initial listens. There is a lot more to do on the album but the basic structure is there.

I am lining up some excellent guest vocals on the album and I imagine it will be 100% finished towards the end of the summer.

I want it to evolve over the next few months and be a bit more organic than it currently is.

Coming up this weekend I am going to the VW Volksworld show in Esher. As many of you know I own a 1973 Bay Camper so am looking forward to a weekend camping and seeing all the other vehicles :)

No comments: