Jun 29, 2010

Rehersals



Last weekend was The Glastonbury Festival and for the first time since 1994 I did not go. I was gutted. Added to this upset the England football team crashed out of the world cup. All in all it was a rather depressing weekend.

However! It was also the first ever ATP:LIVE rehearsal. The photo above is of my ATP:LIVE desk with my new ATP logo :)

My set up (for now) is me, my macbook, a roland 404sx sampler and a roland gaia. All of these sit on top of a keyboard stand with pasting table folded up on top. Rock n Roll!

I will admit there is some way to go in terms of perfecting the set but it was great to hear my music coming back at me through the speakers in my music room. I have over 140 samples which make up the beats and vocal samples in the songs and I am re working all the tracks with new synth parts and well ... its just fun doing it.

My aim is to start gigging around October time - I would like to do it before but am having a rather major operation at the end of July which will leave me flat on my back for 6 weeks. More on that in the future.

Anyway - I am feeling positive about ATP:LIVE and my hope is to not only return to Glastonbury as a punter next year but also play there too.

I live in hope ...


No comments: