Apr 3, 2009

Rip Offs and Mastering

It's been a while.

Things have been happening - last night I went round to see my friend Ed in his new flat and we sat in his studio for about 6 hours mixing and mastering the ATP album. I am very pleased to say its almost mastered and sounds amazing!

I am still waiting on some clearance from Faber and Faber to use Philip Larkins poems in the track 'Larkin About'. This is holding up the album somewhat and I am hoping they actually allow the track to be released.

Also at the moment my good friend Little Gav is putting together the ATP album artwork.

So - with all that in hand I am hoping to be able to press the album soon and look to get it out there in shops, online etc in July.

Now .....

A few weeks ago I got an email from Pat Kenedy at a company called Crucial Domains. They have purchased amongstthepigeons.com and have asked me if I would like to buy it off them for ... wait for it ... $997!!!

What!

Anyway I wrote to him and basically said his company is a rip off and that cyber sitting on domains is a nasty way to make money.

So I have been thinking - lets all submit the price of $10 as an offer and basically keep wasting their time. If any of you know ways of grabbing back a domain that someone is sitting on please let me know! The link below takes you to the Crucial Domains rip off page.
https://secure.crucialdomains.net/buy.php?amongstthepigeons.com

If anyone wants to email Pat and submit an offer use this address: customerservice@crucialdomains.net

Lets try and put the cat amongst them cyber sitting feathers.

No comments: