Feb 21, 2009

Draw a line

The week just gone was spent in Belfast, N Ireland.  I was out there with work and spent most of the time in my hotel room making music.  Although my debut album is still not out yet, in my eyes its finished and old.  I need to get it mastered, then pressed, made into cds and mp3s etc, but there is nothing else I need to do.

So this week I started work on the first new ATP songs in about 6 months.  Since last summer I have been tinkering with old songs and wanted to draw a line under getting LP1 out there.

Whilst in my room I started a fresh - a number of clean pages and a whole new story to tell.  It was a productive week.  In all I only finished one new song - a track which was recorded today at Belfast Int Airport, but I also started about another 6.

The one I did at the Airport is going to be called 'Mocha to go' and is a lovely mellow track.  It summed up exactly how my head felt at the time and allowed me to get through 4 hours waiting for a flight.  I played it to Mrs Pigeons when I got home and she said its the best ATP track so far.

The other new ones are in various stages of development, some are 10 seconds long, others 4 mins, but not finished - they are at this stage all demos.  Some of the titles include 'The Latin Word for Amusement', 'You used to be great' and 'To Keep The Night'.

I am dead excited about working on the new record.  Already I think it is going to be a million times better than the debut.  Which maybe I should not say being as it is not out yet and I want you to buy it when it is.

It's late I should be getting to sleep ... :) x

No comments: